Following an anti inflammatory diet brings benefits to your current state of health as well as your future health too. Helping protect you from some of the most common health issues we face today.Incorporating foods that reduce inflammation risk goes a long way in improving overall health and fighting off the risk of cancers.
Healthy Fat foods reduce inflammation risk.
The best way to follow an anti-inflammatory diet is to eat more fatty fish like salmon, herrings and sardines. Include plentiful multicolored fresh vegetables and fruit. It is important to consume organically grown, or conscientiously grown fruit and vegetables to ensure their goodness has not been compromised by chemical fertilizers.) Adding healthy fats such as olive oil, coconut oil and moderate amounts of grass fed butter and nuts.
Phytochemicals found in fruit, vegetables, herbs and nuts are beneficial due to their antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties.
Our top 12 foods you should eating to reduce inflammation.
- Broccolli is a cruciferous vegetable as are brussels sprouts, kale and cauliflower. These are high in antioxidants and have links to decreasing the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- PeppersChili and bell peppers are high in antioxidants and vitamin C. Chilis contain sinapic acid and ferulic acid which can reduce inflammation in your system. Bell peppers have quercetin which is an antioxidant that can reduce inflammation.
- Dark Chocolate And Cocoa70 % Dark chocolate packed full of inflammation fighting antioxidants. Chocolate is rich in flavanols which help to keep the cells that line your arteries healthy. A small amount of dark chocolate each day or so is now considered healthy.
- Grapes are jam packed with anthocyanins that are known for reducing inflammation. They can also help reduce the risk of diabetes, Alzheimer’s, obesity, heart disease and eye problems.
- Extra virgin olive oil is among the healthiest fats you can include in your diet and is rich in monounsaturated fats. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory and has much greater benefits than other more refined olive oils. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is best used drizzled on salads and vegetables rather than using it for cooking.
- Tomatoesare high in lycopene, potassium and vitamin C, which all contain anti-inflammatory properties. Cook them into healthy sauces and you can increase the amount of goodness your body absorbs.
7. Avocados contain fibre, monounsaturated fats, magnesium and potassium. Avocados also have tocopherols and carotenoids which have been linked to reducing the risk of cancer. A healthy fat you can indulge in!.
8.Fatty Fish high in fats, like salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel and anchovies are an excellent source of protein and are packed full of omega-3 fatty acids. When your body metabolizes these, they have anti-inflammatory properties.
9.Berries may be small but they are packed full of minerals, vitamins and fibre. The most common berries include blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries.
10. Mushrooms such as portobello and shiitake are low in calories and are rich in B vitamins, copper and selenium. They also contain antioxidants that protect your system from inflammation. But cooking them can reduce their nutritional effect. Eat them raw or lightly cooked to get the full benefits.
11. Green Tea is full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s, cancer and other conditions. It also protects your system from damage. Try buying fresh loose leaves and brewing your tea in a pot rather than using teabags.
But remember, green tea also contains caffeine, so you may need to limit your consumption.
12. Turmeric is widely known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric can reduce inflammation in diabetes, arthritis and other conditions. Adding fresh, cracked pepper with turmeric greatly enhances the benefits of turmeric when you use it cooking.
It is not turmeric itself, but curcumin, a compound it contains that has anti inflammatory properties. For convenience you can take Viridi Health Turmeric with piperine which has more absorption power than that of standard curcumin supplement
HERES THE NAUGHTY LIST OF FOODS THAT WILL AGREVIATE INFLAMMATION
These include processed foods, especially those high in trans and saturated fats.
The main foods you should avoid when you want to reduce inflammation in your system include:
- Drinks packed full of sugar
- Trans fats in fried foods
- Processed meat
- Foods containing gluten
- Vegetable and soybean oils
- Corn, and sunflower oils
- White pasta
- White bread
- Too much alcohol
- Snack foods such as chips
- Sugar laden desserts
- Carbohydrate laden foods
- Red meat (particularly conventionally raised) Margarine and shortening.
These foods can increase inflammation and chronic diseases such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes. They also contribute to putting on weight and obesity which is also a risk factor that causes inflammation.
Up your game
With our Magnesium Complex !